NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Athens, Georgia / 228
This week, From the Top is in Athens, Georgia, where the great flutist Sir James Galway collaborates with two outstanding teenage string players in the Beethoven Serenade, Op. 25. Also a 12-year-old pianist plays Brahms and an 18-year-old harpist plays Gabriel Piernés Impromptu Caprice.
Performers & Repertoire
- From My Heart and Circus by Paul Coletti
- Rhapsody in G Minor, Op.79, No.2 by Johannes Brahms
- Flutist Sir James Galway and pianist Christopher O’RileyI. Allegro Malincolico from Sonata for Flute and Piano by Francis Poulenc
- Caprice by Gabriel Pierné
- VI. Adagio-Allegro Vivace Disinvolto from Serenade in D major for Flute, Violin and Viola, Op.25 by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Monday, February 27, 2012
- Monday, July 25, 2011
- Monday, March 21, 2011
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation