NPR’s From the Top: Boston, MA / Show 375
World-renown cellist Paul Katz joins From the Top as guest host for a broadcast featuring outstanding musicians from all over the world participating in the 23rd Annual Morningside Music Bridge program held at New England Conservatory in Boston. We meet a 13-year-old cellist from Israel, a teenage violist from Shanghai performs Brahms, and two musicians join Paul Katz in a finale performance of Beethoven’s “Ghost Trio”.
- Guest Host: Paul Katz
Paul Katz is known to concertgoers the world over as cellist of the Cleveland Quartet, which, during an international career of 26 years, made more than 2,500 appearances on four continents.
Performers & Repertoire
- I. Andante, II. Allegro from Sonata for Two Cellos in G Minor, Op. 2, No. 8, by George Frederic Handel (1685-1759)
- I. Preludio-Fantasia from Suite for Solo Cello by Gaspar Cassadó (1897-1966)
- Ballade No. 2 in F Major, Op. 38 by Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
- III. Allegretto grazioso from Sonata for Viola and Piano, Op. 120, No. 1 by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- I. The Fountain of Arethusa from "Myths", Op. 30 by Karol Szymanowski (1882-1937)
- I. Allegro from Piano Trio in D Major, Op. 70, No. 1 “Ghost" by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Monday, October 21, 2019
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.