Danse Macabre, 13-year-old Violinist, & More | Show 404
17-year-old violinist Célina Béthoux joins pianist Orli Shaham for a touching performance of “Peace” by American composer Jessie Montgomery.
A piano duo plays Saint-Saëns’ thrilling Danse Macabre. A teenage violinist performs Jessie Montgomery’s “Peace” and reflects on a stunning experience deep in a cave in Virginia. We also hear from a winner of the prestigious Junior Sphinx competition.
Performers & Repertoire
- Amaryn Olmeda, 13, violin, from Loomis, CA with Weicong Zhang, pianoExcerpts from Tzigane by Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937)
- Sam D’Amico, 17, bassoon, from Portland, ME with Orli Shaham, pianoSonatine, Mvmt 2 by Alexandre Tansman (1897 - 1986)
- Lauren Kim, 16, flute, from Ridgefield, CT with Orli Shaham, pianoFantasie, Op. 79 by Gabriel Faure (1845-1924)
- Célina Béthoux, 17, violin, from Shaker Heights, OH with Orli Shaham, pianoPeace by Jessie Montgomery (b. 1981)
- Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921)
- Monday, October 18, 2021
- Monday, April 11, 2022
- Monday, October 24, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism