Violinist Tessa Lark Joins Young Musicians for Bach, Dvorák, & more / Show 397
This Episode Features:
- A teenage pianist’s stunning performance of Chopin
- A 15-year-old bassoonist who comes from a musical family
- A delightful Bach Concerto featuring a teenage oboist from New York
- A 15-year-old’s Bartók coaching from violinist, Tessa Lark
- A young classical guitarist with an inspiring musical journey
- A moving performance of Dvorák from Peter Dugan & Tessa Lark
16-year-old oboist Spencer Rubin joins Tessa Lark (violin) and Peter Dugan (piano) for a delightful performance of Bach’s Concerto for Oboe & Violin.
GRAMMY-nominated violinist and From the Top Co-Host / Creative Tessa Lark joins Peter Dugan and a cohort of extraordinary teenage musicians in this episode. A 15-year-old violinist gets a coaching from Tessa and we hear performances of Bach, Chopin, Dvorák and more.
Performers & Repertoire
- Scherzo Op. 31 No. 2 in B flat Minor (excerpts) by Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849)
- Bassoon Sonata, Op. 168, Mvmt 2 by Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921)
- Violin and Oboe Concerto, Mvmt 3 by J. S. Bach (1685 - 1750) with violinist Tessa Lark & pianist Peter Dugan
- 44 Duos for Violins, Mvmts 44, 28 and 35 by Béla Bartók (1881 - 1945) with violinist Tessa Lark
- La Rose, Op. 46 No. 9 by Mauro Giuliani (1781 - 1929) and Sereno y Lolo Felix by Porte Diferente & Arsenal Efectivo, arr. Santiago.
- Monday, March 29, 2021
- Monday, November 8, 2021
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.