Beethoven to Bluegrass | Show 406
Cellist Ari Webb, 16, joins co-hosts Tessa Lark, violin, and Peter Dugan, piano to perform Claude Debussy’s Piano Trio in G Major, Mvt. 3.
This week we hear a mambo for harp, one of Debussy’s earliest works, a Spiritual arranged by composer Margaret Bonds, and a fiddle finale with a 12-year-old national champion.
- Co-Host: Tessa Lark
Violinist Tessa Lark is one of the most captivating artistic voices of our time.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan’s position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Mambo by Bernard Andres (b.1941)
- Troubled Water by Margaret Bonds (1913 - 1972)
- Daybreak by Nicola Ferro (b.1974)
- Tessa Lark, violin & Peter Dugan, pianoViolin Sonata No. 8, Op. 30, Mvmt 3 by Ludvig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Piano Trio in G Major, Mvmt 3 by Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918) with Tessa Lark, violin, and Peter Dugan, piano
- Sally Goodin (Traditional)
- Medley including Red Wing by F.A. Mills and Turkey in the Straw, Traditional
- “Over the Rainbow” by Harold Arlen, arranged for solo marimba by Robert Oetomo
- Monday, November 15, 2021
- Monday, May 23, 2022
- Monday, November 21, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.