Show 388: “Blanket Fort Show 2” Remote Recording
From the Top continues to make new radio episodes while the country is in quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic. This episode was recorded by the performers in their homes using sophisticated equipment sent by the show’s producers. Host Peter Dugan synched in accompaniment and conducted interviews via zoom. This is the second remote recorded show that From the Top has produced in spring 2020.
This episode of From the Top is dedicated in memory of Kalen Ratzlaff, a beloved member of staff who is greatly missed.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Performers & Repertoire
- Caprice Basque, Opus 24 by Pablo de Sarasate (1844-1908)
- Etude 11 by Hector Villa-Lobos (1887-1959)
- Tableaux de Provence: II. Cansoun per ma Mio and III. La Boumiano by Paule Maurice (1910-1967)
- Excerpt from Alabaster Wool by William Jae Performed by: Lyris Quartet (Alyssa Park, Luke Maurer, and Timothy Loo).
William Jae's appearance on From the Top is made possible with support from the ASCAP Foundation Irving Caesar Fund.
- Excerpts from: Paraphrase on Quartet from Verdi’s “Rigoletto” by Franz Liszt (1811 –1886)
- Monday, June 1, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation