NPR’s From the Top: Highlight Show 31
From the Top presents its annual highlights program with host Peter Dugan, featuring some of the most exciting music performances and memorable interviews we’ve featured over the past couple of seasons. We’ll meet a teenage violinist who has grown up off the grid in rural Indiana; a young pianist from Georgia who performs a beautifully impressionistic work for solo piano by Alexandre Tansman; and a 12-year-old cellist who performs the music of David Popper and then solves a Rubik’s Cube, live, on-stage in under 19 seconds.
Performers & Repertoire
- Introduction and Tarantella, Op. 43 by Pablo de Sarasate with pianist Christopher O’Riley
- I. Intermezzo and II. Mazurka from Arabesques for Piano by Alexandre Tansman
- “Una donna a quindici anni" from Cosi fan tutte by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart with pianist Christopher O’Riley
- “Images from Falling Water” by Alistair Coleman, performed by Connor Dugas (flute), Andrew Friedman (clarinet), Ani Bukujian (violin), Stephanie Li (cello), Sohrab Bazargannia (percussion), Jungeun Kim (piano).
- The Second Movement from the Sonata for Oboe and Piano Op.166 by Camille Saint-Saëns with pianist Christopher O’Riley
- Concert Polonaise, Op. 14 by David Popper
- "Summerland" for violin and piano by William Grant Still with pianist Christopher O'Riley
- Monday, September 14, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation