Liszt, A 10-year-old Pianist, & New Music / Show 400
15-year-old violinist Anais Feller shares a dazzling performance of some of the most fun music for violin. Here’s her rendition of Sarasate’s Zigeunerweisen alongside our host, Pianist, Peter Dugan.
Some of the most fun music written for violin is performed brilliantly by a 15-year-old violinist. She’s joined by a talented 10-year-old pianist, and young musicians performing challenging new repertoire.
Performers & Repertoire
- Four Pictures from New York, Mvmt 2 Tango Club by Roberto Molinelli (b. 1963)
- Incantation and Dance by William Grant Still (1895 - 1978)
- Hungarian Rhapsody No.11, S.244 in A minor by Franz Liszt (1811 - 1886)
- Duet for any two instruments in the same key by Derrick Spiva Jr. (b. 1982)
- Excerpts from Zigeunerweisen/Gypsy Airs by Pablo de Sarasate (1844 - 1908)
- Monday, May 31, 2021
- Monday, December 27, 2021
- Monday, August 8, 2022
- Monday, August 7, 2023
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.