Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite, a Beethoven Sonata & More
The victorious finale from Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite is performed by a teenage pianist. He’s joined by a talented 14-year-old performing Beethoven, and a young violinist whose musical roots span two continents.
14-year-old pianist Andrew Gu offers an exciting and masterful performance of early Beethoven.
This Episode Features
- A 14-year-old pianist’s masterful performance of early Beethoven
- A young violinist who’s using her voice to champion important issues
- A teenage saxophonist with pride for her home state of Vermont
- A 15-year-old violinist whose musical roots span two continents
- A young pianist’s triumphant performance of Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Sonata No. 7 in D Major, Op. No. 3, Mvmt 1 by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Romance by Amy Beach (1867 - 1944)
- Scaramouche, II. Modere & III. Brazileira by Darius Milhaude (1892 - 1974)
- Darshan by Reena Esmail (b. 1983)
- Firebird Suite Finale by Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971) arranged by Guido Agosti (1901-1989)
- Monday, December 14, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
Special thanks to Q Division Studios.