Adventurous Music & A Clarinet Bromance / Show 410
14-Year-Old Nikka Gershman-Pepper and host Peter Dugan perform Am Waldesbach by Paul Wetzger.
This stunning flute solo is a musical portrait of a forest brook.
Teenagers from the Colburn School in Los Angeles perform fun and adventurous music. We also meet a clarinet duo who happen to be roommates and best friends.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Partita No. 2, BWV 826, Mvmt 1. Sinfonia by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)
- Sonata No. 3 in D minor, Op. 27 by Eugène-Auguste Ysaÿe (1858 - 1931)
- Am Waldesbach by Paul Wetzger (1870 - 1937)
- Hwaseop Jeong, 17, clarinet, and Noah Jung, 17, clarinet both from Los Angeles, CAIl Covegno Divertimento for two Clarinets by Amilcare Ponchielli (1834 - 1886)
- Cavatina, Op. 7 by Nicanor Santa Ana Abelardo (1893-1934)
- Monday, February 14, 2022
- Monday, August 15, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.