Anthony McGill, Clarinet Quintet, and More | Show 408
Anthony McGill and Peter Dugan perform Clarinet Sonata, Mvmt 3 by Francis Poulenc.
New York Philharmonic Principal Clarinetist and 2020 Avery Fisher Prize recipient Anthony McGill makes a guest appearance performing Brahms with a 14-year-old cellist, bonding with a teenage clarinet quintet over their shared instrument, and recalling stories from his own childhood.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan’s position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Histoirie du Tango - Bordel 1900 by Astor Piazzolla (1921–1992)
- Round Midnight by C. Williams, Thelonius Monk and B. Hanighen / arranged by Roland Dyens
- Here’s One by William Grant Still (1895–1978) with pianist Paul Clayton
- Trio for Clarinet, Cello & Piano in A Minor, Op. 114, Mvmt. 4. Allegro by Johannes Brahms (1685–1750) with Peter Dugan, piano and Anthony McGill, clarinet
- La Petite Valse by Anton Maiseyenka (b. 1992)
- Monday, December 13, 2021
- Monday, June 20, 2022
- Monday, December 19, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.