NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Idyllwild, California / Show 323
This special show features the excellent students studying at the Idyllwild Arts Academy. We hear a wonderful young cellist from China perform the music of Schumann, we’ll meet a self-described “flute-playing country boy” from rural Oklahoma, and we’ll enjoy a brand new piece for string octet commissioned by the Idyllwild Arts Academy on the occasion of the school’s 70th anniversary.
Performers & Repertoire
- Etude Op.25, No.11 by Frédéric Chopin
- II. Cantilena from the Sonata for Flute and Piano by Francis Poulenc
- I. Zart und mit Ausdruck and II. Lebhaft, leicht from Fantasiestücke, Op. 73 for cello and piano by Robert Schumann
- II. Allegro from the Sonata for Violin and Piano by César Franck
- III. In praise of nature (In laude naturae) from “Septuaginta” Op. 53, No. 6/11a by Maria Newman
- Etude-Tableau Op.39, No.8 by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Monday, May 30, 2016
- Monday, November 21, 2016
- Monday, July 17, 2017
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation