NPR’s From the Top: San Marcos, TX / Show 373
Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 7:30 PM | Performing Arts Center Recital Hall at Texas State University | Presented by Texas State International Piano Festival
Purchase tickets for From the Top at the Texas State International Piano Festival here.
- Guest Host: Simone Dinnerstein
American pianist Simone Dinnerstein is known for her “majestic originality of vision” (the Independent) and her “lean, knowing and unpretentious elegance” (the New Yorker).
Performers & Repertoire
- Serried with a Tinge of Bop, by Doug Opel (b.1967)
- III. Laideronnette, Empress of the Pagodas from “Mother Goose Suite” by Maurice Ravel (1875-1937)
- Liebestraum No. 3 in A Flat Major by Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
- Schubert Piano Quintet
•Simone Dinnerstein , piano; Haeun Moon, violin; Yong-Ha Jung, viola; Hayoung Moon, cello; Chad Wesselkamper, double bassIV. Theme and Variations from the Piano Quintet in A major, D.667 "The Trout" by Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
- Bach Concerto for Two Pianos
• Pianists Ethan Yuen and Simone Dinnerstein with violinists Haeun Moon and Nikki Naghavi, violist Yong-Ha Jung, cellist Hayoung Moon, and double bass Chad WesselkamperI. Allegro from Bach Double Concerto in C minor, BWV 1060
- Eight Hands, One Piano Ensemble
• Pianists Regina Lin, Erin Fitzgerald, Antonio Ajero, Ella Sunyoung KimGalop-Marche for Eight Hands by Albert Lavignac (1846-1916)
Support Provided By
Angelia Ning’s performance is part of From the Top’s New Music Series, supported in part by the Amphion Foundation and the Aaron Copland Fund for Music.