NPR’s From the Top: Fairfax, VA / Show 385
This week on NPR’s From the Top, the dynamic Anderson & Roe Piano Duo guest host the second of two episodes recorded in Fairfax, Virginia.
- 15-year-old pianist who plays Schumann’s famous love song
- 18-year-old violist who shares about her inspiring musical family
- 17-year-old violinist with amazing performance advice
- 17-year-old countertenor who sings a touching Handel aria
- A piano duo performing the iconic “In the Hall of the Mountain King”
Did you catch the first episode featuring Anderson & Roe? Click here to listen!
- Guest Host: Anderson & Roe
Known for their adrenalized performances, original compositions, and notorious music videos, Greg Anderson and Elizabeth Joy Roe aim to make classical music a relevant and powerful force around the world. Their five critically acclaimed albums have spent dozens of weeks at the top of the Billboard Classical Charts, while their Emmy-nominated, self-produced music videos have been viewed by millions on YouTube and at international film festivals.
Performers & Repertoire
- "Widmung" by Robert Schumann (1810-1856) arranged by Franz Liszt (1811–1886)
- Viola Concerto, Op 37, II. Allegro giocoso by Miklós Rózsa (1907-1995)
- “Summerland” from Three Visions by William Grant Still (1895-1978)
- "Dove sei, amato bene?" from Rodelinda, regina de' Longobardi, HWV 19 by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
- In the Hall of the Mountain King, from Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard Grieg (1843-1907) arranged by Adolf Ruthardt (1849-1934)
- Monday, September 7, 2020
- Monday, February 8, 2021
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.