A Teenage Piano Trio, Beethoven, & A Talented Young Vocalist / Show 392
This Episode Features
- One of the strongest teenage piano trios in the country performing Beethoven
- A 16-year-old baritone who’s passionate about music and astrophysics
- A teenage cellist with a special connection to his piece
- A 15-year-old violinist with pride for her culture’s music
- A young flutist with a rigorous practice routine
15-year-old violinist Anagha Kapsi pulls at our heart strings with this expressive performance of Chaconne by Tomaso Antonio Vitali. She’s joined by our host, pianist Peter Dugan.
One of the strongest teenage piano trios in the country performs Beethoven with passion and precision. They’re joined by a young vocalist performing Shakespeare, and a 15-year-old violinist who just might be an orchestral conductor someday.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan’s position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Luke Henderson, violin
Evan Tsai, cello
Ariel Wang, piano
Piano Trio in D, Op. 70 No. 1 - 'Ghost' - I. by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827)
- Sogno by Paolo Tosti (1846 - 1916)
Let Us Garland Bring, Op. 18, Mvmt V “It Was A Lover and His Lass” by Gerald Finzi (1901 - 1956)
- Julie-O by Mark Summer (b.1958)
- Chaconne by Tomaso Antonio Vitali (1663 - 1745)
- Sonatine for Flute and Piano, Mvmts I and III by Pierre Sancan (1916 - 2008)
- Monday, November 30, 2020
- Monday, June 7, 2021
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation