NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Washington, DC / 241
This week, From the Top comes to you from the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC, where you’ll hear a gregarious 11-year-old play the music of David Popper and an outstanding piano trio from Cleveland perform a lively piece by Astor Piazzolla. You’ll also hear the piano music of Olivier Messiaen performed by a 17-year-old from Washington State.
Performers & Repertoire
- Danse Espagnole from “La Vide Breve” by Manuel de Falla, arr. Kreisler
- Hungarian Rhapsody by David Popper
- Cleveland Institute of Music Piano Trio | Haruno Sato, 16, violin; Hannah Moses, 16, cello; Arianna Korting, 17, pianoPrimavera Porteña from “The 4 Seasons of Beunos Aires” by Astor Piazzolla
- Prelude No.8, "Un reflet dans le vent" by Olivier Messiaen
- II.Chanson Pour Ma Mie and V.Lou Cabridan from Tableaux de Provence by Paule Maurice
- Monday, December 24, 2012
- Monday, June 18, 2012
- Monday, December 12, 2011
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation