Sibling String Duo, Harpsichord, & More | Show 411
This week, we are treated to a rare performance on harpsichord. We also meet a flutist who’s founded a non-profit to connects kids with free music lessons, a trumpet player who’s a leader in her student government, and a sibling duo who brings musical joy to their local children’s hospital.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Lydia Hanje, trumpet, 17, from Vestavia Hills, AL, with pianist Ya-Ju ChuangOliver’s Birthday by Bruce Broughton (b. 1945)
- Amy Hwang, flute, 17, from West Friendship, MD, with host pianist Peter DuganFlute Sonata in A minor, Op. 1, No. 4, HWV 362, Mvmt 2 by George Frideric Handel (1685 - 1759)
- Dennis Eum, cello, 17, from Edina, MN, with pianist Miryana MoltovaSong Without Words by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1847)
- Suite Logique, Movmts 1 & 2 by Erik Marchelelie (b. 1957)
- La Marche Des Scythes by Joseph-Nicholas-Pancrace Royer (1703 - 1755)
- French Suite No. 5 in G Major, Sarabande by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)
- Monday, March 7, 2022
- Monday, September 19, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.