Bach, Brahms, and the Red Violin | Show 409
A teenage violist with a talent for astronomy performs the music of Johannes Brahms, a fiery violinist performs music from John Corigliano’s “Red Violin Caprices”, and a teenage pianist who’s already touring the world as a professional performs Chopin.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan’s position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Cello Suite No. 3, Gigue by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)
- Sonata in E-Flat, Op. 120, No. 2, Mvmt 2 by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897)
- Solo de Concert No. 2 Op. 74 by Stanislas Verroust (1814 - 1863)
- Excerpts from The Red Violin Caprices by John Corigliano (b. 1938)
- Ballade No. 3 in A Flat Major, Op. 47 by Frederic Chopin (1810-1849)
- Monday, January 3, 2022
- Monday, October 10, 2022
- Monday, November 20, 2023
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.