NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: San Francisco, California / Show 353
From the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, this week’s episode of From the Top features a teenage composer’s beautiful piece that was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural masterpiece Fallingwater, a young violinist shares how she hasn’t missed a single day of practicing yet, and a classical guitarist performs Bach.
Performers & Repertoire
- La Gitana by Fritz Kreisler (1875-1962) with Christopher O’Riley, piano.
- III. Allegro con brio, ma non leggiere from Piano Sonata No. 4, Op. 29 by Sergei Prokofiev (1891-1953)
- Rhapsodie from Suite Hébraïque by Ernest Bloch (1880-1959) with with Christopher O’Riley, piano.
- Prelude and Gigue-Double from Suite in C minor, BWV 997 by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750).
- “Images from Fallingwater” by Alistair Coleman (b. 1998).
- Concert Etude no. 2 in F minor, "La Leggierezza" by Franz Liszt.
- Monday, May 28, 2018
- Monday, June 10, 2019
- Monday, January 13, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
The ASCAP Foundation Irving Caesar Fund