NPR’s From the Top: Highlight Show 28
Hosted by pianist Peter Dugan, this highlights program features some of From the Top’s favorite moments from the past three seasons and includes more music than our standard format. We revisit the appearance of a young pianist who performs the music of Stravinsky and then discusses the impressive work he’s done in the field of environmental science. We’ll hear a teenage violinist’s performance of a dazzling work by Fritz Kreisler and enjoy her humorous tale of getting a persistent nose bleed just before playing with a major symphony orchestra. And a 14-year-old performs the only piece written for guitar by British composer, William Walton.
Performers & Repertoire
- III. Alla Cubana and I. Allegro from “Five Bagatelles” by William Walton
- Praeludium and Allegro (in the Style of Pugnani), by Fritz Kreisler with pianist, Christopher O’Riley
- Pampeana No. 2: Rhapsody for Cello and Piano, Op. 21 by Alberto Ginastera with pianist, Christopher O’Riley
- II. Chez Petrouchka from Trois mouvements de Petrouchka by Igor Stravinsky
- Moldau, Op.43 by Bedřich Smetana arranged by Hans Trneček
- IV. Andante molto - allegro energico from “Time Pieces” for Clarinet and Piano, Op. 43 by Robert Muczynski with pianist Peter Dugan
- Monday, December 9, 2019
- Monday, July 12, 2021
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation