A Haydn Concerto, A Virtuosic Teenage Cellist, and an Homage to Bach / Show 395
This Episode Features:
- A teenage trumpeter who is inspired by legends in both classical and jazz music
- A 16-year-old violinist who shares her experience as a young blind person
- A 15-year-old cellist who showcases impressive technique
- A young clarinetist whose love of Klezmer music led him to choose his instrument
- A piano duo from Hawaii performing a charming tango by Barber
A brilliant young trumpeter performs the music of Haydn. He’s joined by a 15-year-old cellist performing a classic showpiece, a talented teenage piano duo from Hawaii, and two young musicians with deeply expressive solo performances.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Trumpet Concerto Mvmt. 1 by Joseph Haydn (1732 - 1809)
- Sonata in A minor for Solo Violin ("Obsession"), Op. 27, No. 2 by Eugène YSAŸE (1858-1931)
- At the Fountain by Karl Davidov (1838-1889)
- Hommage a Bach by Béla Kovács (b. 1937)
- Sonata No. 8 In G Major, Op. 30 by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Monday, February 15, 2021
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Hayden Idson’s appearance on From the Top is sponsored by Nancy and Richard Lubin.