Sibling Soloists, Fischoff Champions, & More / Show 419
15-year-old violinist Henry Auxenfans and From the Top Host/pianist Peter Dugan perform Caprice d’après l’étude en forme de valse de Saint-Saëns by Eugène Ysaÿe.
Brothers from Chicago talk Formula 1 racing and share performances of Ysaÿe and Kovács, an award-winning chamber group from San Francisco plays a fiery Spanish trio, a flutist recalls how a past band teacher made a difference in her life, and a teen violinist talks about his interest in neuroscience and performs Mozart.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Caprice d'après l'étude en forme de valse de Saint-Saëns by Eugène Ysaÿe (1858 - 1931) with pianist Peter Dugan
- Hommage a J. S. Bach by Béla Kovács (1937 - 2021)
- Piano Trio in C Major, Mvmt 3 by Gaspar Cassadó (1897 - 1966)
- Peter DuganDeep River (Traditional Spiritual)
- Cantabile et presto by George Enescu (1881 - 1955) with pianist Deborah Dierks
- Violin Sonata No. 18 in G Major, K. 301, Mvmt 1 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791) with pianist Dmitriy Cogan.
- Monday, October 17, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.