Mozart, Liszt, and more with Pianist Orli Shaham
Pianist Orli Shaham returns to host From the Top and shares her Mozart expertise with two young musicians. We also meet a 14-year-old violinist with dreams of going to space, a dazzling young pianist who performs Liszt, and a teenage flutist who discusses her passion for the Supreme Court.
This Episode Features:
- A 17-year-old pianist whose Liszt performance is inspired by Bugs Bunny
- A 14-year-old violinist’s beautiful performance of Heifetz’ Estrellita
- A 17-year-old cellist with some serious From the Top history
- An 18-year-old flutist with a passion for the Supreme Court
- Two 16-year-old string players who perform Mozart with Orli Shaham
- Guest Host: Orli Shaham
A consummate musician recognized for her grace, subtlety and brilliance, Orli Shaham has established an impressive international reputation as one of today's most gifted pianists. Hailed by critics on four continents, Ms. Shaham is in demand for her prodigious skills and admired for her interpretations of both standard and modern repertoire.
Performers & Repertoire
- Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C-Sharp Minor, S. 244/2 by Franz Liszt (1811 - 1886)
- Estrellita By Manuel M. Ponce (1882 - 1948)
- Papillon and Romance by Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924)
- Fantasie by Philippe Gaubert (1879-1941)
- Monday, October 12, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.