NPR’s From the Top: Where Are They Now? / Highlight Show 30
This program is From the Top’s annual “Where Are They Now” show featuring interviews with From the Top alumni and the fantastic music they’re making in their early professional careers. We meet a pianist who just released an album to raise money for the people of Flint, Michigan suffering from the contaminated water crisis, a winner of last year’s Queen Elizabeth Competition, and a baritone who just won his first Grammy.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Performers & Repertoire
- "How Fair This Spot" and "Spring Waters" by Sergei Rachmaninoff, with Peter Dugan, piano
- Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 35, Mvt 3 “Allegro Vivacissimo” by Pyotr Tchaikovsky with the Belgian National Orchestra, Hugh Wolff, conductor.
- “For Flint” by Jeremy Ajani Jordan
- Sonata No.1 in G Minor, Presto by Johann Sebastian Bach for Marimba
Two Part Invention No 13 in A Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach
Yi Wei, marimba
Béla Fleck, banjo
- Monday, June 22, 2020
- Monday, December 21, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation