Chopin Piano Sonata, Rachmaninoff, & More | Show 403
Teenage pianist Justin Wahby brought the fire to this week’s episode with an exciting performance of Chopin’s Sonata No. 3 in B Minor, Op. 58 (II. Scherzo).
The young violist on this week’s show actually built his own instrument. Hear that story alongside dazzling performances of Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Jessie Montgomery and more.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Performers & Repertoire
- Hannah Tam, 16, violin, from Philadelphia, PA, with Jungeun Kim, pianoRomanian Folk Dances by Béla Bartók (1881 - 1945)
- Rhapsody No. 2, by Jessie Montgomery (b. 1981)
- Piano Sonata, Op. 58 No.3, Mvmt 2 by Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849)
- George Wolfe-McGuire, 17, from Amityville, NY with host Peter Dugan, pianoCello Sonata in G minor, Mvmt 3 by Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873 - 1943)
- The 3 G’s by Kenji Bunch (b. 1973)
- Monday, October 4, 2021
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.