NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Chautauqua, NY / 257
This week, we’re at Chautauqua Amphitheater at the Chautauqua Institution in Chautauqua, New York, where you’ll hear a teenage guitarist play his own arrangement of Scarlatti and a 13-year-old pianist perform Liszt. You’ll also hear from an 18-year-old soprano who not only met her idol, Renee Fleming, but had the great singer select the piece she’ll perform on the show.
Performers & Repertoire
- Waltz-Scherzo, Op.34 by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Sonata in D major, K.53 by Domenico Scarlatti
- “O luce di quest’anima” from the opera Linda di Chamounix by Gaetano Donizetti with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- "Ideas" for violin and piano by Franz Zhao
- "Ideas" by Franz Zhao
- Hungarian Rhapsody No.12 in C-Sharp minor by Franz Liszt
- Monday, May 20, 2013
- Monday, October 22, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.