NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Brunswick, Maine / 247
This week, we’re at Studzinski Recital Hall on the campus of Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine where you’ll hear a teenage cellist from Chicago perform from Rachmaninoff’s beautiful Sonata in G Minor and a young violinist from Washington play the first movement from Poulenc’s Sonata and talk about her colorful home on Whidbey Island. Also, one of our talented alums returns to the From the Top stage to play piano and challenge Christopher O’Riley to a “pepper flipping” contest!
Performers & Repertoire
- I. Allegro con fuoco from Sonata by Francis Poulenc
- Introduction, Theme and Variations by Gioacchino Rossini
- Prelude from the Suite Bergamasque by Claude Debussy
- The Great Gate of Kiev from Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky, arr. Horowitz.
- III. Andante from the Sonata in G minor for Cello and Piano, Op.19 by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Monday, June 3, 2013
- Monday, September 10, 2012
- Monday, March 19, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.