Carmen Fantasy, Chopin Polonaise, & More / Show 413
14-year-old violinist Rubi Lee and Host/Pianist Peter Dugan perform Sarasate’s Carmen Fantasy at The Colburn School in Los Angeles.
A 14-year-old violinist plays the wonderful Carmen Fantasy, a teen cellist plays an exciting Chopin Polonaise, a pianist recalls a childhood fear of Mickey Mouse, a violist shows off her talent for songwriting, and an inspiring teenage composer shares a new work.
- Host : Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Excerpts from Carmen Fantasy, Op. 25 by Pablo de Sarasate (1844-1908)
- Interiors for Oboe and Clarinet by Willa Hawthorne (b. 2003) performed by Diana Dunn, oboe, and Emily Bowland, clarinet
- Polonaise Brilliante in C major, Opus 3 by Frédéric Chopin (1818-1849)
- Suite for Viola, Group 1, No. 1 by Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
- Sonata in G Major, Op 31, No 1, Mvmt 1 by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 –1827)
- Monday, April 18, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.