Rodgers & Hammerstein, Bach, & More / Show 412
13-Year-Old Matthew Chang Plays Chopin
A teenage mezzo-soprano sings from Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Oklahoma and shares a little of her Hawaiian background. We also meet a fantastic 13-year-old pianist who performs Chopin and an ambitious violist from Texas. Plus two young violinists tackle Bach and Wieniawski.
- Host : Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Scherzo-Tarantelle by Henryk Wieniawski (1835 - 1880)
- "Out of My Dreams" from Oklahoma! by Richard Rodgers (1902-1979) and Oscar Hammerstein (1895 - 1960) and "Aloha Oe" by H.M. Queen Liliʻuokalani (1838 - 1917)
- Sonata No. 1 in G Minor, BMV 1001, Adagio by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)
- Viola Sonata, Mvmts 1 & 2 by William Flackton (1709 - 1798)
- Scherzo No. 2 in B-flat Minor, Op. 31 by Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849)
- Monday, March 28, 2022
- Monday, September 26, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.