NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma / 235
This week, From the Top comes to you from Oklahoma City University’s Kirkpatrick Auditorium, where you’ll hear a 16-year-old trumpet player play the music of Oskar Böhme and an 11-year-old pianist play Bach. You’ll also meet the 14-year-old junior winner of the 2010 Sphinx Competition for African American and Latino string players and meet a teenage cellist who lives and breathes Judy Garland.
Click here to see the picture of “Venice” by William Merritt Chase that was mentioned on the show!
Performers & Repertoire
- I. Allegro Moderato from Concerto in F Minor, Op. 18 by Oskar Böhme
- I. Lebhaft, sehr markiert and V. Massig schnell from Sonata for Solo Cello, Op. 25, No. 3 by Paul Hindemith
- “Water Night” by Eric Whitacre
- I. Bourrée, II. Sarabande and III. Gigue from French Suite No. 5 in G Major, BWV 816 by Johann Sebastian Bach
- I. Allegro from Concerto No. 3 in G major, KV 216 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Monday, August 27, 2012
- Monday, March 12, 2012
- Monday, September 12, 2011
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation