NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Ogden, Utah / Show 248
This week, From the Top comes to you from Weber State University’s Austad Auditorium in Ogden, Utah, where you’ll hear a talented duo from the Salt Lake City area play Tchaikovsky and the teenage winners of the Discover National Chamber Music Competition in Chicago perform the monumental final movement of the String Quartet No. 9 by Dimitri Shostakovich.
Performers & Repertoire
- I. Allegro from the Sonata in F major, KV 370 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- The Midnight Duo | Aubree Oliverson, 13, violin and Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Anastasia Magomedova, 14, pianoIII. Finale from the Violin Concerto in D major, Op.35 by Peter Illyich Tchaikovsky
- Quando m’en vo from “La Boheme” by Giacomo Puccini
- The Meshugene Quartet | Lisa Chertok, 18, violin; Rachel Stenzel, 15, violin; Ariel Chapman, 18, viola; Christopher Gao, 15, celloV. Allegro from the String Quartet No.9 in E-flat, Op.117, by Dmitri Shostakovich
- III. Anime from the Sonatine by Maurice Ravel
- Monday, September 24, 2012
- Monday, April 9, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.