NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: New York, New York / Show 324
This week, we come to you from Tarisio Fine Instruments & Bows in New York City for a show filled with incredible performances by outstanding young musicians. Naturally, we feature quite a few string players, but also welcome an oboist who is one of our Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award recipients.
Performers & Repertoire
- Caprice d'après l'Etude en forme de Valse de C. Saint-Saëns by Eugène Ysaÿe with Christopher O'Riley, piano
- IV. Finale. Prestissimo from Piano Trio in C minor, Op.1 No.3 by Ludwig van Beethoven
- I. Allegro Spiritoso from “Sonata Concertata” for Violin and Guitar by Niccolò Paganini
- Performing “Solo pour Hautbois” by Émile Paladilhe with Christopher O'Riley, piano
- Pampeana No. 2, Op. 21 for Cello and Piano by Alberto Ginastera with Christopher O'Riley, piano
- La Capricieuse, Op.17 by Edward Elgar with Christopher O'Riley, piano
- Monday, June 13, 2016
- Monday, January 30, 2017
- Monday, July 24, 2017
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation