NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: El Paso, Texas / Show 325
From El Paso, Texas, this week’s program opens with a powerhouse performance of the music of Johannes Brahms performed by a 15-year-old violinist from Texas. We’ll also hear a lyrical new work by a talented teenage composer featuring the under-appreciated brass instrument, the euphonium, and each young musician on the program shares a clip of music that first inspired them to dedicate themselves to musical study.
Performers & Repertoire
- Sonatensatz in C Minor by Johannes Brahms
- “Danse des Lutins” by Henriette Renié
- "Song of the Ancients" by Karalyn Schubring
- “Song of the Ancients” for Euphonium and Piano by Karalyn Schubring
- Sicilienne, Op.78 by Gabriel Fauré
- Caprice Espagnol, Op.37 by Moritz Moszkowski
- II. Appassionato from Four Pieces for Violin and Piano, Op.17 by Josef Suk
- Monday, June 27, 2016
- Monday, February 6, 2017
- Monday, July 31, 2017
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation