NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Big Sky, Montana / Show 312
From Big Sky, Montana, this week’s program features a young pianist who conjures up a great seascape through his multi-layered performance of the music of Maurice Ravel, a flashy violin showpiece played by a fearless 14-year-old from Santa Fe, and a local trumpet player who⎯when she’s not practicing scales⎯is out running marathons across the Montana landscape.
Performers & Repertoire
- “Zigeunerweisen” by Pablo de Sarasate
- “Una donna a quindici anni" from Cosi fan tutte by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "Sarabande et Cortege" by Henri Dutilleux
- III. "Une barque sur l'océan" from Miroirs by Maurice Ravel
- Slavonic Fantasy by Carl Höhne
- Hungarian Dance No. 5 in G minor by Johannes Brahms
- Monday, November 23, 2015
- Monday, May 23, 2016
- Monday, February 13, 2017
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Tippet Rise Fund of the Sidney E. Frank Foundation
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation