NPR’s From the Top: Morristown, NJ / Show 378
This is the second of two shows recorded in Morristown, New Jersey, with host pianist Peter Dugan. This week’s episode features a young tenor who had very little exposure to classical music and propelled himself into the world of high-level classical music training through his own sustained efforts. You’ll also hear an impressive high school choir deliver a transporting performance of the music of Randall Stroope.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Pianist Peter Dugan has appeared as a soloist, recitalist, and chamber musician across North America and abroad. A sought-after crossover artist, Mr. Dugan has performed in duos and trios with artists ranging from Itzhak Perlman and Joshua Bell to Jesse Colin Young and Glenn Close.
Performers & Repertoire
- Requiebros by Gaspar Cassadó (1897-1966)
- Widmung, Op. 25, No. 1 by Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, No. 3: Prelude and Fugue in C♯ major, BWV 848 by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- Caprice d'après l'étude en forme de valse de Saint-Saëns by Eugène Auguste Ysaÿe (1858-1931)
- All My Heart This Night Rejoices by Z. Randall Stroope (b. 1953)
Fōg Elnā Khel by Salem Bali (b. 1946)
- Monday, February 10, 2020
- Monday, July 20, 2020
- Monday, January 18, 2021
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
The Bernards High School Madrigals’ performances of Z. Randall Stroope and Salem Bali are part of the From the Top New Music Series with support from the Amphion Foundation and Aaron Copland Fund for Music.