NPR’s From the Top: Kennett Square, PA / Show 359
From picturesque Longwood Gardens outside Philadelphia, From the Top, with this week’s Guest Host Peter Dugan, features an exciting array of young talent – including a young violinist who got her start in the El Sistema-inspired music program, Play-On Philly, a violin and guitar duo performs a dramatic tango, and a young cellist who once performed at a Chicago Bulls game.
- Host: Peter Dugan
Pianist Peter Dugan is equally at home in classical, jazz, and pop idioms, and has performed with artists ranging from Itzhak Perlman and Joshua Bell to Jesse Colin Young and Glenn Close.
Performers & Repertoire
- Pampeana No. 2, Op. 21 for Cello and Piano by Alberto Ginastera (1916-1983)
- Waltz in F major, Op. 34 no. 3 and Waltz in A flat major, Op. 42 by Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
- Histoire du Tango: Cafe 1930 by Astor Piazzolla (1921-1992)
- Sonatensatz in C Minor by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- IV. Andante molto - allegro energico from “Time Pieces” for Clarinet and Piano, Op. 43 by Robert Muczynski (1929-2010)
- I. Prelude from Eight Concert Études, Op 40 by Nikolai Kapustin (b.1937)
- Monday, November 5, 2018
- Monday, April 1, 2019
- Monday, March 16, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
Support for this program is provided by Patti and Chip Wilson and the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation.