NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Chattanooga, Tennessee / 252
This week, From the Top comes to you from the Tivoli Theater in Chattanooga, Tennessee, where you’ll hear a 14-year-old violinist from California perform the glitzy “Carmen Fantasie” by Franz Waxman and enjoy an audio postcard sent in by a 16-year-old bass/baritone from nearby Lookout Mountain. You’ll also hear the amazing story of a Mongolian teenage cellist who was invited to move to America by a touring musician.
Performers & Repertoire
- Étude Op. 10, No. 12 in C minor, "Revolutionary", by Frédéric Chopin
- Fantasie in E-flat by Joseph Edouard Barat
- II. Allegro furioso from the String Quartet No.10, Op.118, by Dmitri Shostakovich
- "Grosser Herr" from Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248, by J.S. Bach
- "Carmen Fantasie" by Franz Waxman
- Monday, November 26, 2012
- Monday, June 11, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.