Celebrating Announcer Joanne Robinson / HL-36
In honor of longtime From the Top announcer Joanne Robinson’s 20 years with the show, this highlights program features some of Robinson’s superb comedic contributions to From the Top. It also features performances by young performers personally chosen by Joanne Robinson for their power and joy.
Performers & Repertoire
- Tubist Carolyn Jantsch, 18, from Worthington, OH
Carol appeared on From the Top Show 75 in 2002.Estrellita by Manuel Ponce, arranged by Patrick Sheridan, Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Baritone Jarrod Lentz, 17, from Palmyra, PA
Jarrod appeared on Show 63 in 2002. He’s now an employee of From the Top.“Bright is the Ring of Words” and “The Vagabond” from Songs of Travel by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Harbison Quintet with pianist Lisa Rah, 17; cellist Jacqueline Choi, 17; violist Alex Petersen, 16; and violinists Hong-Ji Kim, 17, and Sarah Koenig-Plonskier, 16 from the Walnut Hill School in Natick, MA.
The Harbison Quintet performed on Show 94 in 2004.Piano Quintet, Mvmt 2 "Capriccio" and Mvmt 4 "Burletta" by John Harbison.
- Filarmónica Joven de Colombia
Filarmónica Joven de Colombia appeared on Show 255 in 2012.Death and Transfiguration, Op.24 by Richard Strauss, conductor Luis Guillermo Vicaria
- The AYM Piano Trio from Midwest Young Artists with violinist Shawn Moore, 17, from Elgin, IL; cellist Chris Trigg, 18, from Waukegan, IL; and pianist Samuel Cormier-Iijima, 16, from Palatine, IL
AYM trio appeared on Show 121 in 2005.Café Music, III. Presto by Paul Schoenfield
- Pianist Colton Peltier, 14 from Hastings, MN
Colton appeared on Show 184 in 2008.Mephisto Waltz, No. 1 by Franz Liszt
- Monday, September 12, 2022
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.