NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Abilene, Texas / 223
This week, our show in Abilene, Texas proves that the pipe organ isn’t just for church anymore as two of the best teenage organists in America play 20th and 21st century concert music. Also, a 16-year old cellist plays Tchaikovsky, and we’ll meet a 12-year-old pianist from here in Abilene and get a glimpse inside her worry box.
Performers & Repertoire
- "Everyone Dance" by Calvin Hampton
- Pezzo Capriccioso, Op. 62 by Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky
- Etude in F major, Op. 72, No. 6 by Moritz Moszkowski
- “Ilijas” by Nebojsa Zivkovic
- “Howl’s Moving Castle” from the Hayao Miyazaki film with music by Joe Hisaishi, arr. Eric Fricke
- Monday, July 4, 2011
- Monday, December 27, 2010
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation