Submitting to Daily Joy
In order to be considered for our Daily Joy series, you must already be in From the Top’s applicant system for our Learning and Media Lab Fellowship, and you must be personally invited by us to submit content.
If you have been invited by From the Top to submit for Daily Joy, below are our instructions:
Below you will find information about Daily Joy, From the Top’s video series dedicated to celebrating music’s power to lift our spirits and make us smile.
Please read through the instructions, submission guidelines, and FAQs. Should you still have questions, please contact Libby Miserendino, Video Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Daily Joy
We launched Daily Joy in March of 2020 as a reminder of music’s power to lift our spirits and make us smile. The series features daily videos of talented young musicians that are shared via email, social media, and our Daily Joy website. Since its inception, the series has over 2 million views.
- What to Submit
To be featured on Daily Joy, you should submit two videos:
- Introduction Video:
- Say your name, instrument, age, and where you live/study music
- Share the title and composer/arranger
- Share something about the work (i.e. why you enjoy performing it, historical information, what an audience might find inspiring/joyful/meaningful, etc.)
- Performance Video:
- Videos can be as short as around 90 seconds (i.e. a section of a work) OR longer, i.e. a full movement of a work. You are welcome to submit a new video recording OR a pre-existing recording.
- Introduction Video:
- IMPORTANT NOTE
PLEASE READ: Please note that this Daily Joy invitation is separate from our application process and has no bearing on your status to participate in our fellowship program and appear on our broadcast.
- Recording Notes
Most of our young musicians use very basic recording equipment for their Daily Joy submission (i.e. smartphone / iPhone mic and camera)
- It is NOT necessary to make a professional recording for this project
- It is NOT necessary to edit your recording, we will edit together your intro and performance before sharing it.
Please submit your introduction video and performance video as separate files with no text or video editing effects.
Example of a video recorded specifically for Daily Joy:
Example of a performer who submitted an intro and a pre-existing recording:
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does this mean for my status as an applicant to From the Top? Will I still be considered?
Your Daily Joy submission has no bearing on your status to participate in our fellowship program.
I sent an update to my application a while back and haven’t heard anything. When will I hear more?
If you have new repertoire to submit, please contact email@example.com.
- How To Submit
Fill out the form and submit your files at the link below.