Terrific Trumpeter, Award-Winning Trio, & More / Show 427
Yejoon Kwon, 16, violin
16-year old violinist Yejoon Kwon and Peter Dugan perform Henryk Wieniawski’s Scherzo-Tarantelle for Violin and Piano, Op. 16.
This week features young musicians studying at the Colburn School in LA. They range from a 14-year-old cellist who shares a mature performance of Beethoven to the winners of a major chamber music competition whose secret to success just might be their musical handshake. We also hear from an incredible trumpeter, a globe-trotting teen violinist, and a 15-year-old pianist performing Mendelssohn.
- Host : Peter Dugan
Peter Dugan's position is sponsored by Susan and Gerald Slavet.
Performers & Repertoire
- Sonata for Trumpet and Piano, Mvmt I by Kent Kennan (1913-2003)
- Sonata for Cello No. 4 in C major, Op. 102 No. 1, I. Andante - Allegro vivace by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Roots I: Mvmt IV, Boogie Woogie by David Baker (1931-2016)
- Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 14 by Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
- Scherzo-Tarantelle for Violin and Piano, Op. 16 by Henryk Wieniawski (1835-1880)
- Monday, March 6, 2023
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.