San Diego, CA / 112
From the Top visits with the La Jolla Musical Society for a show on the sunny Pacific Coast, recorded at Mandeville Auditorium on the campus of the University of California, San Diego. You’ll meet several California-based performers including a guitarist from Woodland playing Fernando Sor’s “Variations on a Theme by Mozart” and a violist from Lemon Grove playing a movement of the Schubert “Arpeggione” Sonata. Also, an eight-year-old pianist from San Diego beautifully performs the music of Chopin.
Performers & Repertoire
- Zigeunerweisen by Pablo de Sarasate
- Variations on a Theme by Mozart by Fernando Sor
- Sonata in A minor, “Arpeggione” by Franz Schubert
- Waltz No.6 in D-flat major, Op.64, No. 1 by Frédéric Chopin
- Sonata No.3 in D minor, “Ballade” by Eugene Ysaye
- Monday, March 27, 2006
- Monday, July 25, 2005
- Monday, February 7, 2005
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.