NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Highwood, Illinois / Show 348
From the Midwest Young Artists Conservatory in Highwood, Illinois, this week’s From the Top features a line-up of all Chicago-area young musicians, including fantastic teenage piano trio playing Cassado and seven members of the Percussion Scholarship Group of Chicago.
Performers & Repertoire
- III. Recitativo - Rondo: Allegro vivo from Piano Trio in C Major by Gaspar Cassadó
- II. Allegro from Cello Sonata in D minor, Op 40 by Dmitri Shostakovich with Christopher O'Riley, piano
- "Catching Shadows" by Ivan Trevino
- Chopin's Nocturne in C minor, Op. 48, No. 1
- "Carmen Fantasie" by Franz Waxman with Christopher O'Riley, piano
- "Estrellita” by Manuel Ponce (1882-1948), arr. Jascha Heifetz, with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Monday, February 26, 2018
- Monday, August 6, 2018
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
Trio Keluvaina’s appearance is supported by Associated Chamber Music Players (ACMP)
The Percussion Scholarship Group’s performance is part of From the Top’s New Music Series, supported in part by the Amphion Foundation and the Aaron Copland Fund for Music