NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Lubbock, Texas / Show 320
From Lubbock Texas, this week’s From the Top features a 16-year-old pianist who is one of the few lucky students able to take lessons with the internationally-renowned concert pianist, Jean-Yves Thibaudet. We’ll hear from Maestro Thibaudet and enjoy the young pianist’s superb performance. We’ll also meet a young violinist from the city of Lubbock itself who performs the music of Spanish composer Manuel De Falla, and a teen cellist shares a moving story about nearly giving up his instrument and the mindset that brought him back to music.
Performers & Repertoire
- Danse Espagnole by Manuel de Falla, arr. Kreisler
- IV. Fuga: Allegro con spirito from the Sonata for Piano, Op. 26, by Samuel Barber
- Andante et Scherzo by Louis Ganne
- Piano Trio No. 1 in B major, Op. 8, I. Allegro con brio by Johannes Brahms
- Pezzo Capriccioso by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- III. Allegretto from Excursions, Op.20, by Samuel Barber
- Monday, April 4, 2016
- Monday, October 31, 2016
- Monday, June 26, 2017
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation