NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Kalamazoo, Michigan / 244
This week, From the Top comes to you from Dalton Recital Hall at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, where you’ll hear a fantastic percussion duo play music by Avner Dorman and a 15-year-old violinist play Wieniawski. You’ll also meet a talented tubist who feels his instrument chose him and a cellist who has worn the color yellow every day of his life!
Performers & Repertoire
- Sonata No.3 in A minor, Op.28, by Sergei Prokofiev
- II. Hornpipe and IV. Bourrée from Suite for Tuba by Gordon Jacob
- “Capriccio” by Lukas Foss
- “Udacrep Akubrad” by Avner Dorman
- Polonaise Brillante No.1 in D major, Op.4 by Henryk Wieniawski
- Monday, February 4, 2013
- Monday, July 16, 2012
- Monday, February 6, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.