NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Grapevine, Texas / 256
Does the discipline and dedication required to serve in our nation’s armed forces have anything in common with the discipline and dedication required to become a skilled classical musician? All of the kids on today’s show would say, “Yes!” This week, From the Top is in Grapevine, Texas, where we’ll showcase talented young musicians who’ve grown up in America’s proud military families. Taped in collaboration with the Military Child Education Coalition.
Performers & Repertoire
- Rhapsody in B minor, Op.79, No.1 by Johannes Brahms
- Praeludium and Allegro by Fritz Kreisler
- Impromptu-Caprice, Op.9 by Gabriel Pierné
- 3 Pieces for Solo Clarinet by Igor Stravinsky
- Woodwind Quintet from the United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own”Partita for Wind Quintet, IV. Gigue by Irving Fine
- Woodwind Quintet from the United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own” and Dominic Giardino, 18, clarinet“Hands Across the Sea” by John Philip Sousa
- Monday, May 6, 2013
- Monday, October 1, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.