NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Cedar Falls, Iowa / 229
This week’s episode comes to you from the Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts Center at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls, where you’ll hear a a 14-year-old violinist perform the music of Sarasate and a 17-year-old cellist perform Shostakovich. You’ll also meet a teenager from Rhode Island who will introduce you to the high-tech digital accordion.
Performers & Repertoire
- II. Allegro from Sonata in D minor Op. 40 for Cello and Piano by Dmitri Shostakovich
- Prelude, Cadence and Finale by Alfred Desenclos
- Etude No. 3 in C minor, Op.2, by Sergei Prokofiev
- Jota Navarra by Pablo Sarasate
- La Musette by Angelo Di Pippo
- Monday, August 15, 2011
- Monday, April 11, 2011
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation