NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley, Boston, Massachusetts / 261
This week we’re at our home base, New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall in Boston, where you’ll hear a 13-year-old cellist perform Tchaikovsky and a 9-year-old violinist perform a lively showpiece by Pablo de Sarasate. Also, an accomplished recorder player will break you of any stereotype you may have about this versatile instrument!
Performers & Repertoire
- "Pezzo Capriccioso" by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- III. Allegro ma non troppo – Presto from the Sonata No.23 in F minor, Op. 57, “Appassionata,”by Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Amor marinaro” (Sailor’s love) by Gaetano Donizetti
- III. Allegro molto from the Concerto in C major, RV 443 by Antonio Vivaldi; and an excerpt from “The Bird and The Donkey” by Pete Rose
- "Introduction and Tarantelle," Op.43 by Pablo de Sarasate
- Monday, January 20, 2014
- Monday, July 15, 2013
- Monday, December 17, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.