Boston, MA / 102
This week, renowned violinist Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg joins outstanding teenage musicians as our special guest. She performs the wonderful Scherzo from Robert Schumann’s Piano Quintet with them, and, you’ll also hear a 17-year-old violist from Massachusetts play Bach and an 18-year-old from New Jersey play the Adagio from Samuel Barber’s Cello Sonata. Also, Roving Reporter Hayley Goldbach will join the From the Top Players in their production of the new musical How to Succeed in Music Without Really Trying.
Performers & Repertoire
- Guest Artist Violinist Nadia Salerno-Sonnenberg
- Hungarian Dance No. 1 in G minor by Johannes Brahms
- Suite No. 1, Minuets 1 and 2 by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Cello Sonata, Op. 6, Adagio by Samuel Barber
- Monday, August 1, 2005
- Monday, December 13, 2004
- Monday, June 14, 2004
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.