Abilene, TX / 116
This week, from the historic Paramount Theatre in Abilene, Texas, a local 17-member string ensemble plays the music of Mark O’Connor, an outstanding 12-year-old violinist performs Saint-Saëns, and a pianist from Austin and a flutist from Florida both perform Prokofiev. Also, a round of our game Musical Jeopardy is played as a grudge match!
Performers & Repertoire
- “Olympic Reel” by Mark O’Connor
- Toccata in D minor by Sergei Prokofiev
- “Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso” Op. 28 by Camille Saint-Saëns
- Sonata in D Major for Flute and Piano, Op. 94, 4th mvt. by Sergei Prokofiev
- “Voi, che sapete” from Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Monday, September 26, 2005
- Monday, April 4, 2005
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.